Mark Newbie Elementary School
Mark Newbie Elementary School is a public educational facility that caters to students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Mark Newbie Elementary School offers basic early education instruction in the core academic subject areas of math, reading, science, history and physical education, as well as providing extracurricular activities and special education resources. For information on enrollment, call the number or visit the website provided.
- Fax: 856-962-5719
- Hours: Office: Mon - Thu, 8am - 4pm; Fri, 8am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp at entrance, chairlift to access the building stairway and elevator access to both of the building's two floors
- Number of students: 150
- Male-to-female ratio: Nearly 50:50 (73 boys; 77 girls)
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Fully accredited in the state of New Jersey.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Approximately 20:1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 26
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Mark Newbie is involved with community efforts, including Cooper River clean-ups, local outreaches and neighborhood-centered after-school efforts.
- What makes this community special?: The small community offers many family-oriented activities
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: The school has its own "Green Team," which meets after school. A "Homework Club" is offered at lunchtime during school hours, with teachers dedicating their lunch breaks to children who need extra help.