Reported by Matt Skoufalos
Four Camden County women were among six arrested for prostitution in an early-morning on a Gloucester County strip club over the weekend, police said.
Kelly L. Sharp, 41, of Gloucester City, Belinda L. Spolentini, 36, of Brooklawn, and Kristin E. Perkins, 20, and Jazmin T. Walker, 20, both of Blackwood, were arrested just after midnight Saturday, after a a six-month investigation into anonymous complaints that employees of Club Champagne, on Crown Point Road in West Deptford, were soliciting guests for various sex acts, said West Deptford Acting Chief Samuel DiSimone.
For weeks prior, undercover officers from the nearby Paulsboro and Woolwich Township police departments went to the club posing as patrons and were repeatedly propositioned by its employees for various sex acts, DiSimone said.
During the the raid, police identified six women working at the club as having propositioned the undercover officers previously, DiSimone said.
All six were arrested and charged with engaging in prostitution:
- Carla D. Souza, 24, of Philadelphia, was charged with two counts of engaging in prostitution.
- Jasmin Vasquez, 29, of Philadelphia, was charged with two counts of engaging in prostitution.
- Perkins was charged with one count of engaging in prostitution.
- Sharp was charged with one count of engaging in prostitution.
- Walker was charged with three counts of engaging in prostitution.
- Spolentini was charged with one count of engaging in prostitution.
A seventh woman, 25-year-old Ashle Potts of Pine Hill, was arrested on outstanding warrants, but was not charged with engaging in prostitution, DiSimone said.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing and additional charges may be pending.
Though Club Champagne isn't typically a problem spot, according to DiSimone, the strip club has been the subject of controversy in the past—including a scuttled swingers' sex party in 2011.