As Hurricane Irene approaches Collingswood, emergency workers are reminding people that call volume skyrockets during a crisis. Many calls are for non-emergencies that could be handled by another agency or non-emergency police dispatch.
Only call 911 for emergencies—including downed power lines. To reach Collingswood Police for any non-emergency situations, call 856-854-1901.
The following is a partial list of phone numbers to call for specific problems. Print them out and stick it by your phone just in case:
- Power Outages: PSE&G, 1-800-436-7734, Atlantic Electric 800-833-7476
- Gas Leaks: South Jersey Gas, 1-800-582-7060 or PSE&G 1-800-436-7734
- Phone/Internet/Cable Service Interruption: Verizon, 1-800-837-4966, or Comcast 1-800-266-2278
- The Camden County chapter of the American Red Cross's disaster services can be reached at 856-365-7100 x 1.
- Report road hazards to the county at 856-566-2980
Did we miss any important numbers? Tell us in the comments and we'll add it.