1. “76 Trombones” will lead the big parade at Collingswood Community Theatre’s production of the Music Man, opening Friday. Collingswood Community Theatre first staged the classic musical in 2003—a run that still holds attendance records for the group.
The Music Man will be performed on Feb. 17, 18, 24 and 25 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 18 and 26 at 1 p.m. at the . Tickets are $17 for adults and $12 for senior citizens and students.
Peak into rehearsals, courtesy of these photos from the Collingswood Community Theatre.
2. Time is running out to vote for Collingswood in Reader’s Digest’s contest. will hold its weekly vote-a-thon on Tuesday, starting at 7 p.m.
3. Time is also running short to sign up your child for Collingswood kindergarten. The district has a March 1 deadline to sign up your child for the 2012-13 year. Fill out this form to get started.
4. Collingswood students get a four-day weekend this week, thanks to George Washington and teacher professional development requirements. Collingswood public schools are closed Friday for teacher training and on Monday for Presidents Day.
5. We understand—we hate it, but we understand—that you can’t always remember to click over to Collingswood Patch every morning. So why not get the day’s top news and events delivered to your inbox? Sign up at Collingswood Patch’s newsletter page and select your preferences for daily or weekly newsletters and breaking news alerts.