Invite a friend
PFLAG Collingswood: Mindful Witness: A Way of Authentically Connecting
Mark your calendars for PFLAG Collingswood's next meeting. Here's what we have planned for November. Note that the meeting will also include time for socializing and a support group.
Our guest presenter will be Bob Pileggi, who will be leading a discussion titled "Mindful Witness: A Way of Authentically Connecting."
As we navigate challenging conversations with friends and family – or when we just want to connect more authentically, it can help to learn to be more present to ourselves and the other person we’re speaking with. Learn fundamental aspects of mindfulness – paying attention to our thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations. This can help us notice how we communicate, what is behind our words, how we can more compassionately and effectively say what we really mean, and how we can listen more effectively to others.
Bob Pileggi has worked and volunteered with LGBT/HIV-AIDS/civil rights groups for nearly 20 years in various capacities, from public education to community-building to communications to photography (which has been published in the New York Times, The Advocate, and many other publications). Bob is committed to facilitating self-awareness, empowered self-expression, and authentic connection between people. Bob creates safe space and offers guidance through mindfulness, meditation, conscious embodiment, and group facilitation. Bob is an ordained Interfaith minister, certified yoga instructor, and has trained at the Mindfulness Institute at Thomas Jefferson University to teach Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction.
|Where||Collingswood Public Library 771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Collingswood Public Library
Come experience the library's vast collection of nearly 65,000 resources, available to Collingswood residents and non-resident Collingswood teachers, business owners, church clergy and borough employees. Ineligible non-residents may gain library access for a $35 annual fee.
A collection of close to 1,500 DVDs and more than 500 CDs is among the many resources offered by the library. All books, CDs and audio cassettes must be returned to the library 21 days after borrowing. Unless an item is already being held for another cardholder, items may be renewed either at the library or by phone. There is a limit of three books per subject or author.
Story Time is open to three-, four- and five-year-old children every Thursday morning at 10am. Story Time is held in the Peter P. Childs Meeting Room. Parents interested in registering their child for the first time may call Dot Garabedian or Carol Ehret at 856-858-0649.
A five-member board of trustees manages the library. The Collingswood Public Library Board of Trustees meets at 7pm on the first Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held in the library's George A. Palmer New Jersey Room.
Other events here
- Story Time for 3-5 year olds Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Tiny Tot Story Time Registration (for children 18-35 months old) Fri, May 31, 9:30 am–5:00 pm
- Registration Free Library Summer Programs June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 14, 2013 / June 17, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / June 20, 2013 / June 21, 2013 / June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 27, 2013 / June 28, 2013, 9:30 am–5:00 pm
- Tiny Tot Story Time (for children 18-35 months old) June 5, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 14, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / June 21, 2013, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Collingswood Junior Women's Club September 18, 2012 / October 16, 2012 / November 20, 2012 / December 18, 2012 / January 15, 2013 / February 19, 2013 / March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Mr. Malcolm Presents Journey to the Center of the Earth Fri, Jun 21, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays(PFLAG) February 25, 2013 / March 25, 2013 / April 22, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 24, 2013, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Registration Little Digs Story Time (18-35 months old) Fri, Jul 5, 9:30 am–5:00 pm
- Burrowers - Stories and Crafts for Children Entering Kindergarten, 1st, & 2nd July 10, 2013 / July 17, 2013 / July 24, 2013 / July 31, 2013, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Sprouts - 3,4, & 5 Year Old Story Time July 11, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / July 25, 2013 / August 1, 2013 / August 8, 2013, 10:00 am–11:15 am