Invite a friend
Digital Photography for Beginners
The number of settings and features on a digital camera can often be overwhelming. With user manuals difficult to understand, most people just set their digital cameras on “Auto” and click away.
While you can take some excellent photos in “Auto” mode, in this class you’ll learn how to instantly improve your photos, transforming them from average to well above-average and maybe even to breathtaking!
Using the camera you bring with you, you’ll learn
• How to get your pictures in sharp focus.
• How to know which part of your picture is in sharp focus.
• How to know if your camera can’t achieve sharp focus and what you can do about it.
• Whether camera-shake will make your entire picture blurry, the cause of that, and tips on how to correct that.
• How to improve your photos dramatically by applying the first rule of photographic composition.
• How to take extreme close-ups of small subjects like a flower, a bee or a bee on a flower.
Best of all you’ll practice these skills on the spot with your own camera so you’ll be able apply your new knowledge immediately!
**BONUS: Save Your Seat no later than 2 days before the class and Den will develop a “cheat sheet” for your specific camera. Emailinfo@extraordinaryed.com your camera’s specific make and model – don’t forget any of those numbers or letters (examples include: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 or Nikon Coolpix L26 or Canon PowerShot ELPH 310 HS). **
NOTE: Bring your digital camera (and instruction manual, if available). This class is not designed for iPhone (or cell phone) cameras.
In future digital photography classes, you can learn additional secrets in small, easily digestible “bites”, so you won’t be overwhelmed. And of course the teacher will be there to help you all the way!
“I find it very useful to actually understand after many years what those little icons on the camera actually do. Great class… Den does a great job!” – Janet
“Den, your Photo class tonight was SUPER.. just what I needed to learn what my camera can do. I look forward to your next class and highly recommend your class to all with a new camera…or who want to learn special camera techniques in a very simple manner.” – Gaye
“I took a camera class to learn about the settings of my camera. Not only did I learn my settings, Den also gave me instruction on how to take a better photo. So if you want to enhance your skills, why don’t you…give it a ‘shot’! ” – Esther
|Where||ExtraordinaryED 710 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About ExtraordinaryED
ExtraordinaryED offers a variety of classes in the arts, astrology, cooking, comedy, home decor, photography, public speaking and paranormal studies. Courses include "BYOB: Build Your Own Body," "101 DIY Gift Ideas," "Eat This, Not That: Decoding Food Labels," "The Signs of Health: Astrology Today," "Listen To Your Gut, It Never Lies: Intuition Building," and more. Visit the site to check for monthly membership specials.
Other events here
- Tai Chi for Your Wellbeing Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Tai Chi for Your Wellbeing Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Collingswood Fiber Arts Guild May 14, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / July 9, 2013 / August 13, 2013 / September 10, 2013 / October 8, 2013 / November 12, 2013 / December 10, 2013, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm