Collingswood is a town made up of some unusual characters, and all of them do something to make it great.
If you can tell their stories in 150 words or less (the equivalent of a handful of tweets), you could earn some Collingswood Cash and great recognition for some of the people who make the borough what it is.
The borough is seeking nominees who fit the theme "a Collingswood resident who has given outstandingly to Collingswood-specific efforts, projects or organizations."
The winner will be named in March and both the essayist and nominee will be honored at the April 1 meeting of the borough commissioners. To the nominee and the nominator go $50 in Collingswood Cash; the winner will receive a civic proclamation and the winning essay will be published in the borough newsletter, The Town Crier.
Send your essays to:
Volunteer Month Essay Contest
c/o Cass Duffey
678 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108
E-mail email@example.com with the subject line: “Volunteer Month Essay Contest SUBMISSION.”
Deadline is March 15.
Want to read about some great volunteer efforts by your neighbors in town? Here's a few stories to get you started:
- Jazz Bridge Founder Awarded 2013 Freedom Medal
- More Than 350 Families up for Adoption This Holiday
- 'Restore the Shore' Campaign Hits $20K Donation Mark
- Collingswood F.D. Supports Depleted Toms River Crew After Sandy
- Collingswood Pitches in with Storm Relief
- Warner Landscape & Patio Hosts Weekend Fundraiser to Benefit CHS Marching Band
- Rock for Hope: Can Music Save This Man?
- Bald Is Beautiful at St. Baldrick's