Celebrate Craft Beer at Haddon Pub Fest June 2
Haddon Pub Fest is a time for craft brew lovers to come together and raise their glasses to beer.
Beer lovers, mark your calendars: June 2 brings merry tidings, as a piece of Philly Beer Week saunters over the Walt Whitman Bridge and nestles itself right into the heart of Restaurant Row.
That's the day the glorious, soaking-wet stretch of Haddon Avenue between the dry communities of Collingswood and Haddonfield is playing host to Haddon Pub Fest from noon until 6 p.m.
Each participating location will spotlight a particular craft beer and host its brewer or distributor. For $10, you can purchase a Pub Fest T-shirt (on sale now at any Pub Fest-participating establishment), which gets you access to special deals, door prizes and other perks.
If you like a particular featured brewery and want to bypass the mystery and allure of finding out WHICH pub is featuring WHICH brewery in order to skip right to the good stuff, I’ve gone ahead and provided you with this handy dandy pub guide. I wouldn’t recommend skipping anything on this magical mystery tour, but to each his own, I suppose.
- Keg & Kitchen - Great Lakes Brewing Company (Cleveland, OH)
- Taproom & Grill - Shiner Bock (Shiner, TX), with barbecue pig roast
- P.J. Whelihan’s - Allagash Brewing Company (Portland, ME)
- Pour House - Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, CA), Goose Island Beer Company (Chicago, IL)
- Brewer’s Towne Tavern - Samuel Adams (Boston, MA), 16 Mile Brewery (Georgetown, DE), Flying Fish Brewing Company (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- The Irish Mile - Flying Fish Brewing Company (Cherry Hill, NJ), Weyerbacher Brewing Co (Easton, PA), Victory Brewing Company (Downington, PA)
- Tom Fischer’s Tavern - Flying Fish Brewing Company (Cherry Hill, NJ), Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (Chico, CA)
- Treno - no news available at time of publication
In addition, Keg & Kitchen will sponsor a contest to fly two lucky prize-winners to Cleveland, OH, for a tour of the Great Lakes brewery (winner chosen June 9).
To sweeten the deal—and I can’t emphasize enough how important this is—a FREE shuttle service will run continuously among all pubs and the Westmont PATCO station. Take advantage of it. Don’t needlessly ruin any lives.
Drink responsibly, and enjoy yourselves!
- Saturday, May 26, is the 33rd annual Collingswood May Fair—games, food, art, cars and music. Come out and enjoy!
- Saturday, May 19, is the grand opening of the Haddonfield Farmers Market. You know you’re excited. It runs every Saturday, rain or shine,
through October 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Follow me on Twitter @davevaliante, and I’ll keep you up to date with what’s happening on the food scene in Collingswood and Haddonfield.