5 Things You Need to Know This Week
Rock out to Heart and Journey tribute bands and purchase your 2011 Collingswood ornament.
1. Deck your tree with the 16th Collingswood Holiday Ornament, now on sale. This year’s ornament celebrates Collingswood Library’s 100th anniversary. Three-hundred ornaments for $25 (and an optional $4 stand) are available on a first come, first served basis. Order forms are available at borough hall, Arts Plus Gallery or by downloading this form. You can also buy a limited number of left over ornaments from previous years, honoring the Collingswood Community Theatre, farmer’s market, Scottish Rite and other Collingswood landmarks.
2. Don’t bother hiding your report card, kids. Your parents know that first marking period grades will be posted Wednesday, Nov. 16 for middle and high school students. The first marking period for elementary school students ends Nov. 22.
3. The Collingswood Fire Department and the Borough of Collingswood’s toy drive continues through Dec. 15. New, unwrapped gifts donated will help spread holiday cheer to needy local children. Drop off donations at the fire department, 20 W. Collings Ave.
4. Ooooh “Barracuda.” “Don’t Stop Believin’” that you can rock out to Heart and Journey tribute bands Thursday, Nov. 17, 8 p.m. at the Scottish Rite. Tickets are $20-$30 and available at the Scottish Rite Box Office or Ticketmaster. Proceeds from Tribute Thursdays benefit the Collingswood Foundation for the Arts.
5. Get your beef and baked goods on at Holy Trinity’s roast beef dinner and bake sale Saturday, Nov. 19. Seating times are 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. for the dinner and reservations are required. Call the church at 856-858-0491 to purchase tickets—$12.50 for adults, $10 for seniors age 65 and older, $6 for children ages 5-11 and free for children 4 and younger.